Feb 23, 2021
The Honorary Consul of The Czech Republic in Chennai and President SICCI, Mr. Ar Rm Arun initiated & organized an Aerospace & Defence Seminar on Feb 23, 2022. This Seminar was supported by the Ministry of Defence of both the Government of India and the Government of the Czech Republic.
Mr. Ar Rm Arun , The Honorary Consul of The Czech Republic Chennai and President, SICCI shared about the Czech Republic and the India-Czech friendship having established since the 1920s. Mr. Arun then shared about the Honorary Consulate of the Czech Republic in Chennai actively working on building connects across 5 verticals (A&D, Engineering, Higher Education, Tourism & Culture) and about SICCI playing an extremely active role in boosting Industry within Southern India.
Mr. Arun then addressed about the A&D collaboration potential between India & Czechia and about the attractiveness of today’s event propelling growth. Aerospace & Defence is a key focus area especially with the Government of India establishing Tamil Nadu as an upcoming defence corridor.
The Distinguished Speakers today included :
1. Mr. Roman Masarik, Acting Head of Mission, CDA a.i., Embassy of the Czech Republic, New Delhi : Mentioned there’s traditional link to Aerospace & Defence between India & the Czech Republic. Current situation is very volatile in Europe, making cooperation between defence companies key.
2. Colonel Manik Anand, Department of Defence Production, Government of India : mentioned Make in India, Make for the World in India. India is an emerging investment destination in defence. Emphasis on Co-production, JV’s, Transfer of technologies, Artificial Intelligence, Cyber Security, Radar & Robotics
3. Mr. Gopi Koteeswaran, Chair SICCI Entrepreneurship-Innovation-Startups Committee : Delivered the Vote of Thanks and said that Buyer-Seller relationship is now changing to one of Collaboration
4. Mr. Ales Vytecka, Director, AMOS, Ministry of Defence of the Czech Republic: Czech Defence companies into India for the long term. Amos’ relationship with India is a long standing one. Czech Defence industry understands Czech cooperation needed for “Make In India”. Happy to support the initiative.
5. Dr. Mylswamy Annadurai, Chair, SICCI Aerospace & Defence Committee: Space is another opportunity for industry. India has end-to-end capability for building satellites. New launchpad coming up at Kulasekarapattinam in Tamil Nadu. Synergy between Space & Defence immense.
The Seminar was held in Hybrid Mode, both at SICCI’s MAC Hall in Chennai as well as Online, There was a total participation of 120 people covering Government & Industry spanning across Chennai, Delhi, Karnataka and the Czech Republic.
Colonel Manik Anand well appreciated efforts made, quoting as “My compliments to you and your team for a great show. This has been by far the best so far”. This was an extremely useful event, especially considering it leading upto the DefExpo 2022 to be held at Gandhi Nagar, Gujarat, India. SICCI will be continuing its efforts into DefExpo, having been mandated by TIDCO (Government of Tamil Nadu) to conduct the Government’s A&D session on Mar 11, 2022 between 4-6pm.
Mr. Ar Rm Arun along with Mr. Gopi Koteeswaran, Mr. Roman Masarik, Colonel Manik Anand, Mr. Ales Vytecka, Dr. Mylswamy Annadurai, Mr. Jakub Jaros & Mr. Vijay Kumar, together released a Knowledge Report titled “Investment & Trade Opportunities in Defence & Aerospace sector in India”. This report is about the Indian Military & Civil Aerospace Manufacturing industry which encompasses the Governing Departments, Policies & Regulations, Public & Private Sector Organizations.
The general theme of this report is“Make in India”, for the Globe. The report correlates policies to the current trends in the Indian Defence & Civil Aerospace industry, and the trajectory of the future trends & potential, as India strives to establish its own self - reliant Defence industrial base. The scope of this report also covers the current ecosystem with regards to the Defence Public Sector Unit, and the level playing field created for the Private Sector companies. The report also covers the Indo-Czech trade relationship in various sectors.
Mr. Arun as part of his address, appreciated the efforts of Mr. Jakub Jaros of the Czech Embassy in Delhi, Mr. Vinod Solomon & Team of the SICCI Secretariat and Staff of the Honorary Consulate of the Czech Republic in Chennai for the excellent support in organizing this important event.
News Articles :
a. The Hindu Newspaper :
b. The Hindu Online : Immense potential for collaboration in defence sector between India and Czech Republic